An amateurs jailbreaking experience...kids, do NOT try this at home


First of all, to answer the questions, yeah i got an ipad.
When? you ask? yesterday afternoon. yes, people i skipped church to get an ipad ok!! that's why karma's biting 
me in the ass right now! and instead of going outside to show off my baby to the less unfortunate and all my 
haters, im in my room trying to figure out how to get her to wake up! huh?" you ask "she asleep?" "yes she is, my pwo pwo baby is asleep 
and i fear like sleeping beauty it might take a century to waken her!"
"how did this happen?" i'll tell you how this happened! Let me start from the beginning so y'all can fully understand.

 Part one: The Awakening
It was Saturday night, it was a beautiful Saturday night. A promising night. A hopeful night. I decided to stay in and study 
but at the last minute i changed my mind, called up a friend and we went clubbing. I thought going to the club 
would be a great idea, turns out to be one of the worst nights of my life in Shenyang...won't really go into 
the details of why and how comes. The following day, i skipped church and decided to do some retail therapy 
instead (of course a spiritual experience woulda been more fulfilling but i kinda didn't want to feel criticizing 
eyes on me, so i went to the shopping mall. originally i was just gonna look around and then come back to 
school and study some more. But my legs took me into the e store, where apple products are sold.  

I told myself i was only going to look, no touching, no asking questions no engaging in any kind of conversation 
with the shop-sellers, and that was what i did. Just walked around, looking and admiring...for 5 minutes. 
Then my eyes fell on the ipad, i checked out the specs, although this isn't the first time i had seen the 
specs but, i dunno, it was there and the specs was there and everyone in there was so nice and all. 
I couldn't help thinking to myself, I had the money, i knew i wasn't likely to do anything productive with 
the money, it was just sitting in the account, doing nothing, absoluetly nothing. A shop assitant came up to 
me, asked me if i needed any help, i asked him for the price, "4,888 RMB" he replied. i nodded my head, i 
already knew the price. "Do you own any apple product?" he asked me "yea, i have an ipod touch." "Do you like it?" 
Aaargh!! i knew where this conversation was going. my head screamed "RUN!" but my body wouldn't budge. 
I opened up my purse, brought out my atm card and asked for the 32gb ipad 2. "white, please" i said with a 
smile. "Well, you'll also need a screen protector and the cover." "ok." whatever you say. It took a couple of 
minutes before the transaction process was complete. And when we were done, i all but ran out with my ipad 2! 
Yeah!! i had finally gotten one! After months of contemplation, i'd finally worked up the nerve, with eyes 
closed and all, and bought one. Next step Jailbreak. This is where wahala and karma comes in.

Part 2:
Been trying all day to jailbreak my ipad2!! First of all I downloaded redsnow thinking that it would jailbreak 
my ipad but nooo the software isn't for iPad it's for iPhones and iPod touch 4!! Yes, i was hasty in my decision 
and didn't read the instructions carefully! The realization came too late. I realized I was using the wrong 
program after it had started running and was reading exploiting with limera1n for 10 mins, then 30 mins, 
then before you know it an hr had passed, I got tired of waiting and decided to go have lunch when I came bk 
it was still exploting with limera1n which I thought was weird but becauses I'd never jail any device before 
I though I should give it more time so I went out, came back two hrs later but guess wat??? Yup, still on exploiting 
with limera1n that's when I realized that it was frozen!!! Aarrgghh!! what to do? What to do??!! So I quickly
cancelled the transaction and unplugged my baby from the computer, I tried putting her back on but she just 
wouldn't wake up!!! Noooo!! I was going cazy!!! Not my baby!! not her!!! She ain't never hurt a fly!!! Never 
done wrong to no one!!! How could I get her to wake up!!! I plugged her back into the laptop and opened up my 
iTunes, it recognized her and asked me to click on the restore button so it could its orginal settings 
because it could see I was experiencing problems with her!! So I clicked but iTunes couldn't restore with 
apple... At this point I was frustrated!! I went to the menu page on my laptop and shut her down!! Waited 
20mins and put her back on, opened up iTunes again and replugged my iPad with my laptop, this time it was 
able to contact apple successfully and at this moment my iPad is been restored. It says 5 hours remaining so 
imma come back with an update once there's any new development... Wish me luck!!

Comments

Post a Comment