Israeli women like to divorce.



I have backlogs and backlogs of posts that I've been wanting to publish but because I was super super busy i couldn't.
However I have some free time on my hands and decided today's the perfect time to publish some of my old posts.
...............................................................................................................................................

With that being said ...

Israeli women like to divorce!!! Say what?!

But don't look at me, I didn't say it.

 It was our Israeli taxi driver who blurted it out loud while we were sitting in his car on our way to Sunday mass.

And he wasn’t asked either. I think he just had a lot of pent up frustration in life and had been looking for a passenger to talk to. That or he’s paying a lot of money in child support and can’t wait for his kids to turn 18 and throw himself a No More Child Support graduation party.

So we came along and he decided to tell us exactly how he felt about the general Israeli women population.

He ranted about their rudeness. Informed us of the divorce war he had with his now ex-wife and how he has to pay her child support till their two kids are 18 years. And basically how impatient she had always being with him and wasn't a real wife.

In my mind I kept wondering, what is a real wife? Did he want someone who cooked all the meals, cleaned up after him, kept mute when he made a statement, wasn't allowed to have an opinion unless she was in agreement with him, and still go to work and bring home some bread?

During my time in Tel Aviv, I personally found Israeli women to be assertive, independent, friendly, pro breastfeeding and overall socially accepting.

I don't know how this Taxi driver and his wife's living arrangements was when they were together so these were all assumptions but what I do know was he absolutely hates them.

He claimed only Arab and African women were real women and that they always obeyed their husbands and would never dare divorce their husbands because no one would let them.

He also stated that Isreali women were impatient and clingy but liked to act like they were independent to outsiders. And that the government only supported the women and left the men to fall during divorce settlements.

I found it all amusing and cringe-worthy at the same time, but I had barely slept the night before because my baby was in an absolutely cranky mood and spent most of the night awake. So I just smiled as he spoke.

Which in hind-sight I probably should have protested a little bit because now I believe i contributed to stamping his belief in the submissive nature of African women.

Is he right? Do Israeli women like to divorce? are Arab and African women submissive and afraid to divorce? 

Comments