The Cutest Book Trailer! How I Made My Children's Book Trailer with my Iphone in Just 40 Minutes! And Tips To Make Yours Too!





I am not a professional book trailer maker but I Made My Children's Book Trailer in 40 Minutes with just my Iphone! And It was so easy!




Hello everyone!

Its been a while! How are we all doing?

So as my topic suggests, I finally published my children's book titled I Have Good Hair and i want to share with you how i made my book trailer in under 40 minutes and all from my Iphone.



I have a bunch of video editing apps on my phone Splice, Magisto and Inshot but for this particular little project of mine I decided to use Splice to make my book trailer.



I'm sure you're asking why did you even bother with a book trailer? Of what use is it? Well, it was because I wanted an another avenue to drive interest of my children's book and keep the buzz going.



If you are a Facebook friend or follow me on Instagram or Twitter you will know that I've been marketing my book basically since early May and hoping to build some kind of frenzy anticipation towards the release of my book.



I did giveaways of print copies, slashed the prices if you ordered before release date, gave away free ebook copies etc and sales honestly started trinkling in. However as a self-published author, you are  basically the sales rep, marketer, book cover and illustrations designer, writer etc you're basically in charge of how well your book is sold. So I came across an article that suggested another great way to garner interest for your book was by making a book trailer. Sort of like a movie trailer but for books.



So after it was finally released, August 1, I searched through my phone hoping to find a movie maker app that would help me get this show on the road effectively and efficiently. I was going to choose Magisto because I had used in the past but I couldn't get past the intro part where I had to log in with my social media account so i bypassed it and clicked on Inshot, which I had also used in the past to make a video for my mummy blog MumsieHub  but it seemed like it was going to be a lot of work and i honestly didn't want to dedicate that time to making a 2 minute video, so I finally decided to use Splice.


Now even if you're not app savvy, making a short video on Splice is not that difficult. What I liked about using the video editing app is you after you've chosen the videos and photos you want, uploading time is fast, there are also a selection of songs you use or you can upload yours from your itunes, you can cut and trim and increase the length of a particular frame.

If you feel like you're in over your head there are tons of YouTube videos that'll put you through on how to use Splice.

A few things to remember when you're making a book trailer;
  • Keep it short, a minute or 2 is fine.
  • Make the connection: It should be fairly transparent how the trailer ties into the book content. No explanation should be needed for your viewer to understand how the trailer ties into the book content; Ensure your images, text and audio all flow well together and don't feel like they are separate pieces being pasted together.
  • Create good pace: A trailer that consists of a slide show with still images and music scan be effective, but the pace has to be just right. 
  • Tap into emotions: Make sure you remember that the essence of any video is to entertain the audience as well as inform. Earning a laugh or a tear makes for a powerful message.
Tip reference click here. 



Did you watch the book trailer yet? What did you think?




Comments