Why Is It Always The Women To Put Other Women Down?

Women, Why Can't We All Just Get Along?



Hello

How are you doing today? How's your Saturday going? Mine went just fine. Had a late sleep in and hubby made sure my 1 year old didn't disturb me. He was so kind to come take Derek as soon as he heard his cries, fed him breakfast and proceeded to entertain him till i woke up.



I eventually woke up to the smell of breakfast only for me to enter the kitchen and see that my dear husband had only made breakfast for him and the baby!

And none for me!!

Well, it was too much to ask of him. The fact that he even fed the baby and himself was fine with me. I proceeded to make my own breakfast. Pancakes and sausages.

"Babe!" I called, "Want some pancakes?"

"Hmm, ok."

Typical Naija man, they will never say no to food.

Anywayz, that was my Saturday morning. Onto why I decided to open up blogger today. Wednesday afternoon i took a trip with my baby to Tel Aviv Central Bus Station to buy wig.

So this is 4 pm and it's rush hour time. And as this was one of the rare times i took a bus,i forgot rush hour time means Packed Bus!


On entering bus 204, which was already filled up, I had pushed in my stroller through the front door instead of taking the backdoor, because honestly I had no idea that was where people with luggages and mothers with strollers pass. So i pay for my ticket (6 NIS) and proceed to pass people and shove backpacks trying to reach the middle of the bus where there was just enough space for me to squeeze myself and baby stroller through.

As I'm walking through a girl stops me and insist I take her sit, and she got up, i didn't want to seem rude so gratefully i sat down.

But one problem, I was blocking the way and people had to constantly kind of shift the baby stroller to pass by and get to the back of the bus.

Next thing i know, I hear someone screaming and yelling, i turn in the direction of noise and 2 chairs infant of me this old lady is screaming in Hebrew at me. So I start to nod in a I understand where you're coming from but I'm pregnant and carrying a toddler in a stroller and someone else offered me this chair if not i wouldn't be here.

She stops and just gives me this long angry glare so I look away.

After 10 minutes, she gets off from her chair and moves towards me. It's obvious she wants to take the front bus door to come down from the bus and god forbid it's not a smooth passage way and she has to pass my stroller to get there, so she approaches and to avoid her yelling her head off and maybe bursting an artery I quickly start shifting the stroller to create space for her to pass.

She doesn't pass and go. No! She starts yelling and spitting in my face and just won't stop and of course i don't understand a word she's saying! And because Edo no dry carry last, I start yelling at her to pass by and stop causing unnecessary problems.

She eventually gets off the bus and it's done. But I'm shaking now and a little bit upset. All of this was done in front of my baby and worst of all i had embarrassed myself inferno of total strangers. I looked up to face the strangers who were probably looking at me with disgust. But almost all the faces i looked at had a small don't mind her jare expression on their face.

And I felt slightly better.

But the question is, why is it always women to bash women? Why don't we all try to uplift, empower and help our fellow women up especially when we see them going through something that we have gone through in our lives?

This woman is probably a mother, or looking at her, a grandmother. So she must have experienced pregnancy, she must have experienced motherhood, so why couldn't she be more sympathetic to me and what i am going through. I'm not asking she pity me, but at least not bash me thinking i wanted  to inconvenience others just to satisfy my own.

Have you ever experienced a situation where a fellow woman, maybe you boss, a friend or just a stranger woman who should have been understanding of your situation but instead didn't help, or even threw the first stone.

Tell me your experience in the comment box below.

Shalom beautiful readers! Till next post!


Comments